There are many ways to earn money online, and a good idea is to get paid to write articles.
On this article, you can read how you can use Textbroker to make money and how exactly all the process works.
What Is Textbroker?
Textbroker is a place where website owners can order and get content for their sites. Also, freelance writers can earn extra income by writing the ordered articles.
The clients request articles, and the writers choose the articles they want to write. As a writer, you can choose any project if it’s available for your membership level.
Textbroker just makes sure that everything works properly and get a percentage from the writers’ payment. The benefit here is that you do not have to deal with the clients or the payments. Textbroker makes that work for you.
This idea is not a new one. There are many similar websites. For example, you check iWriter or HireWriters for the exact same model or freelance platforms like Fiverr and Upwork. To all these sites, you can join for free and make some extra money.
How Does Textbrokers Work?
As a writer on Textbroker, you need to get approved from an application process. They just test your writing skills. Also, you choose the topic of the article. The best way to get started is by writing an article on a topic you like.
You will write the article and the people who work for Textbroker will decide if it’s good enough. If they approve it, you will get a 2-5 star ranking. The available projects and your earnings depend on your ranking.
If you are a beginner, there is nothing to lose. It’s free to test your skills. You will get a reply about your application in a few days. For those who have some experience as freelance writers, I expect the application process to be easy.
When you are an approved writer, the process is really simple. You check the available projects and start writing the one you prefer. When you finish it, you can start another one.
The projects are not unlimited but if you write fast, it can be an advantage.
How Much The Writers Earn On Textbroker
Textbroker is a website with thousands of clients. That means you can expect a lot of projects. However, there are some limits on the available jobs. Also, there is some competition from other writers who want to take the same projects.
With a few words, you can make money on Textbroker but there are some limitations.
Let me explain:
The average writer or a beginner can expect a part-time income. I believe there are full-time writers on this site, but they probably have a 5-star ranking (you can read about the star system below), they write very fast, and they can create quality content.
So, check your skills, your writing speed and figure out what you can get from this site.
Lastly, your earnings per word depend on the star system. You can improve it by improving your skills. Here is what you earn per word:
1. Open order: You choose a project from the orders that are based on your quality level.
- 2 stars: 0.7 cents/word
- 3 stars: 1.0 cents/word
- 4 stars: 1.4 cents/word
- 5 stars: 5.0 cents/word
2. DirectOrder: When a client chooses only you to write the ordered article.
You earn at least 1.78 cents/word.
3. TeamOrder: When the client chooses more than writers for a project. The first write who will pick it up, he/she completes the order.
You earn at least 1.56 cents/word.
Comparing to the rates of other writing platforms, the earnings per word for beginners are a little better than the average.
However, on sites like Fiverr and Upwork, the rates are a little better. You can expect on these sites to earn 10 dollars for a 1000 word article even as a beginner. The 4 and the 5 star writes earn much better money and it must be your goal to reach that level.
Pros and Cons
1. Legit company: There are a lot of positive reviews all over the internet about Textbroker. You will get paid when you reach the minimum cash out limit.
2. Low cash out limit: You must reach the $10 to be able to receive your earnings. If you are a 3-star writer, you must write a 1000 word article. They will send the money to your PayPal account.
3. Feedback and support: The editors of the company review your articles and give helpful tips. You can also find tutorials, articles, and videos relevant to the writing jobs.
1. Demanding site: Comparing to other alternatives where you can create a free account and start writing, here you must prove your skills.
Also, the ranking system is harder than other sites too. This is good for the clients because Textbroker provides them with the best possible quality, but it can be a bad thing for some writers.
2. Not always enough jobs: As I mentioned above, the jobs are not unlimited. So, if you focus on the quantity to reach your money goals, it may not work.
3. Available only in the USA: To apply for a writer, you must live in the USA. However, you do not have to be a native English speaker.
My Final Opinion
Textbroker is an interesting site. You can definitely make some extra money. However, you will see some of the standard negatives in this industry.
For example, some clients will not like your work without a good reason. Or they will ask to rewrite the articles again and again. All these things can happen on any writing site and for this reason, I do not mention them on the cons. Yes, you will not avoid them on Textbroker.
But if you work already on a similar website or you want to get started with the writing jobs, it can be a good idea to earn some extra money. It will not replace your job. Also, sometimes it will be frustrating. But it’s a legit site, and it’s free to give it a try.
For those who are interested in earning a full-time income with their writing skills, here you can read about my top way to make money online!
Thanks for reading this post about Textbroker! For any questions, you can leave your comment below. I would like to hear about your experience with this site as well.